Throughout the fall, spring, and winter, ARM hosts church, campus ministry, and volunteer groups from the Lee/Macon county area and beyond for one-day service opportunities – usually on a Saturday.
When your group serves with us, we ask that you:
- Contribute towards the costs of construction materials.
- Bring at least one construction-knowledgeable person to be your “site leader.”
- Provide transportation to and from your work site.
- Pack your own lunch, water cooler, and first aid kit.
- Bring a set of tools if you can (we’ll bring some too!).
We’ll help facilitate your time of service with us by:
- Helping you select a family and home repair project which fits your budget and skill level.
- Arranging for the purchasing and delivery of materials to your site.
- Providing all necessary tools (but you can bring your own too!).
- Visiting the site with your site leader before your day of service to introduce the family and the work you’ll be completing.
- Visiting your site throughout the work day to answer questions or help solve problems.
- Arranging for tool and materials pickup after your work is completed.
How Can We Serve?
At Our Special Events…
Sometimes we like to organize special community service events like Make A Difference Day or The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Great Days of Service. We love hosting these events because so many churches and groups can be involved all at once, which means the love of Christ is extended with more families through home repair! You can find out more about these events on their individual pages linked above.
Through a Local Partnership…
We are also striving to establish partnerships with local (Lee and Macon county) church and campus ministry groups who are interested in serving with us on a regular basis. If your group is looking for a place to serve on an upcoming weekend, please let us know and we’ll setup a day of home repair service according to your group’s skills, experience, and budget.