What Happens After Work?
Each night, our staff will present devotional activities for your group. These evening worship services are full of reflection, teaching, and interaction. They typically last 1 1/2 hours and can include singing praise and worship songs, games, discussion groups, prayer exercises, Bible studies, skits, and more. Our summer staff work hard to develop a creative, engaging presentation that challenges your youth to love and serve others in the way Christ – to be a disciples. We’ll discuss and learn about the circumstances that perpetuate poverty and the things we can do in our hometowns that can reverse this cycle. On one night, we’ll invite the families you work with to join us for dinner to celebrate and honor the new relationships formed during your time with them.
- Sunday – Orientation Night: an overview of ARM, the safety video (!), and an introduction of the staff and theme
- Monday – Community Night: an in-depth look at the community with a special focus on the realities of poverty
- Tuesday – Family Night: a time to enjoy table fellowship with our families at a local church (a brief devotion is usually given by the local church pastor)
- Wednesday – Theme Night: a close Biblical look into our theme
- Thursday – Closing Night: a time of intimate worship and reflection on the service given throughout the week followed by a special celebration of communion.