Making a Difference can come in many shapes and forms. For us…it is extending an ARM of love…or just simply EXTEND! We are a home repair and children’s ministry focusing on impoverished communities within the heart of Alabama. We run home repair youth mission camps at two sites in Alabama. One in Livingston (West Alabama) and another in Tuskegee (East Alabama). So, if you would like to venture away from home into communities hungry for community, expressions of Christian love and tangibly, home repair assistance, then consider serving in Alabama. And, if home repair is not everyone’s call, we also have opportunities for day camp and after school ministry with children.
No one is too young or too old to serve! So, we invite you to come join us and serve in Alabama!
Prayer Partner: We can do NOTHING without prayer. It is the under girding and foundation of any ministry. Therefore you can accomplish great work by lifting specific attributes of ARM in prayer. Here are a few requests by location:
Livingston: 1) Our biggest goal is to increase the size of our day camp and to find a permanent location to host our teams and our camp (like as in buying/leasing a site).
2) As the summer gets closer, the kids at the camp need loving people to sponsor our camp so that we can provide the activities and ministries helping our kids to grow- so consider sponsoring a child!
3) Sumter County is one of the counties in the Black Belt still struggling with harsh rates of poverty mainly affecting children. The drop out rates and teen pregnancy are steadily increasing in this community. Sharing Christ’s love to kids and families continues to be a motivation for continuing our ministry efforts.
Tuskegee: We are partnering with ministries and organizations to have more focus on children’s ministry. Our work is to help with renovations to Tuskegee UMC and the parsonage to make these areas even better! Our main office and headquarters is in Opelika so here is what we are praying for:
1) The renovation of the Tuskegee Methodist Church to be used as a mission hub for the entire community
2) The addition of an afterschool ministry and summer day camp (day camp has started this summer)!
Ways to contribute…
- Individually- become an individual partner or volunteer
- Through your church- encourage your church to partner with us
- Through special events
ARM Wish List
We gladly accept and are helped a great deal by donations. Common supplies that are in high demand are building supplies, materials and tools. Many lumberyards, hardware and building supply stores, and corporations will donate items if given the opportunity. Materials needed include:
|Lumber||Plywood||10′ covered trailer|
|Van/bus||Sheetrock||10′ flatbed trailer|
|Plumbing tools||Air Compressor||Electrical tools|
|Building in Livingston||Wrenches||Other Misc. tools|
- We are also looking for individuals to step out in faith and make a monthly financial commitment to Alabama Rural Ministry. ARM is truly grateful for the individuals and church congregations or groups who have committed to support our ministry through monthly gifts. If you would like to join this group, please fill out the
- and send it to our office.
Sponsorship In between summer sessions we work hard to meet the needs of home owners in the Tuskegee area. We currently have a growing waiting list of home owners whose homes are in dire need of repairs. We are looking for churches to sponsor a house by committing financially to do the repairs and/or committing the manpower to go work on the home. If your church would like to sponsor a family, let us know and we will send you a list of families with their specific needs. Your church can select a family to help.
Day Camp Sponsors: Make A Significant Difference in a Child’s Life This Summer! The total cost of our camp is approximately $10,000 and includes the staff, site costs, and materials.You may sponsor one or more children for the full eight weeks at $360/child or sponsor a child for one or more weeks at $45/week.Just think, at traditional camps, it costs $250-$300 to send a child for ONE week—you can provide a meaningful summer for our children by donating this much for an ENTIRE summer.The camp is free to the children.
How it works: When camp begins and the children are registered, we will match you up with a child. You will receive a picture and information about hobbies, interests etc. Your child will also send you a card during the summer to tell you what they are learning and doing at camp. We also encourage you to use your picture as a way to pray for your child each day. This is an incredible way to intervene in a child’s life for a very short but critical time. You will offer a blessing and also be very blessed!
If you would like to help, please fill out the sponsorship form and send the form along with your donation back to us.
- Volunteer: Year round, we are looking for volunteers in the Auburn area to help in the main office and to work on on-going home repairs in the area. If you like administrative activities you can help us with newsletters, filing, and filling out home repair referral forms. Good at graphic arts? You can help design ongoing brochures, publications, and work with our web designer. How about grants? You can help us research and put together grant requests and letters for foundations. And of course, if you are a handyman or handywoman, you can help us lead volunteer work crews. If you have a gift or interest, we can match you up with something! We believe in Romans 13 and helping you find your gifts and how to use those in a meaningful way that will have a tangible affect upon a family.